Saturday, July 25, 2009

I am soooooooooooo making these!!

My friend Jen made the Pomatomus socks from Knitty.com in Lorna's Laces shepherd sock in the Seaside colorway. I don't know that I'm a fan of the color, but the pattern is gorgeous! After I finish reading two books, I may start knitting on my commute to work and socks are a perfect small project to take on the bus/train. I bought a sample pack of sock yarn from KnitPicks.com, but I don't think two skeins will be enough to make socks that long. Then again, with my GINORMOUS calves, I may not make them that long to begin with. I don't think I have the patience to try to alter the pattern to fit my calves. No, those aren't my limbs in the picture.

So, as I was wandering around on Knitty.com, I saw these patterns from the current issue that may just have to put on my list of things to make.

sunday swing
mermaid's lagoon

Not that I need to add things to my list, but they have interesting patterns.

No comments: