Sunday, April 01, 2007

Still Working on the Lace Sweater

Okay, so I'm ATTEMPTING to make this lace cardigan for a friend of mine who's supposed to be here next weekend (as in the first weekend in April). Well, at least I THINK he's going to be here next weekend. I'm not so sure as to when he's actually coming. He has this CUTE AS CAN BE 2 year old daughter. It's a Knitty.com pattern. Everything as going fine with the back and made the left front. The right front was giving me one HECK of a time. I had to rip it out at least three times and have Svetlana help me figure out where I was in the pattern. This is the first time I've knitting with a chart before so I having a hard time figuring out where I was in the pattern.

Not to mention the fact that I didn't take my contacts out before I came so my eyes were REALLY tired AND found out from a friend of mine via text message that Tubby Smith was FINALLY leaving Kentucky to coach in Minnesota. I feel sorry for Minnesotans. In any event, I didn't stay long Thursday. I needed to best rested up for my EXCITING trip to Cleveland. *giggle*

No pictures of me this week as I didn't stay long enough. I finally finished the right front and it looked NOTHING like the left front. Conveniently enough, there were NO dimensions for the right and left fronts so I could make sure that I was making it correctly. So, I ripped out part of the left front and made it match the back and right fronts. Now I'm working on the sleeves. I hope I can finish it in time, but at this rate, I doubt it!! I'm supposed to have finished at least 3 dish rags for an exchange I'm on and I have been a TOTAL slacker on that exchange. I started working on them this weekend. I will be putting the sweater on hold until I can get at least 3 rags done.

No comments: