Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Limo Rides to Middleburg for Dinner!

Yes, that's where I was last week. The office was in a limo that was comped to us by a client simply for blogging about it on our work blog!!! Can you believe that? So, we all piled into a Reston Limo (insert shameless plug here. http://restonlimo.com) with Mike as our driver and headed out to Middleburg. Mike was a very talkative and attentive driver. The last two limo drivers I have had were just there to do their job, but he was pleasant and took a picture with us! It was nice to have someone with a personality taking care of us!

So, we drove the loooooooooong trek through rush hour traffice to visit another client who owns Salvia Ristorante Italiano! (insert another shameless plug here http://www.salviaristorante.com) on mainstreet Middleburg! We had calamari and antipasto to start with. A bottle of champage was provided compliments of the owner. So, we toasted to........

THE BLOG! *giggle* We toasted many things, but blogging was my contribution to the toast. I thought it fitting being as blogging got us the ride there!

We had foccaccia with DELISH olive oil and spices. A nice pinot noir was purchased that was very mild and light in flavor. Dishes ranged from eggplant parm rolls to steak to veal and finally to my dish Linguine Pescatore! It was chock full of calamari that WAS NOT, I repeat, WAS NOT rubbery. It was cooked to PERFECTION! There were HUGE shrimp and muscles in there, too. The portion was not so large that I felt like I had to eat it all and be overly stuffed, nor was it so little that I thought I was would startve. I feel like Goldilocks..."Just right!" For dessert, we feasted on carrot cake, canolis, and ice cream! Yes ice cream. Angela LOVES ice cream.
You can read about the whole experience on our work blog: http://6155mcguire.blogspot.com/
You can also read about the limo service on their blog: http://www.restonlimo.com/blog/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time.