Sunday, April 01, 2007

"He HAD the Toes!"

For some reason, the story struck us as humorous. It was the way Nina kept saying, "He HAD the toes!" Don't ask me how we got on the subject, but we did. Nina was telling a story about a friend or acquaintance of hers that had their toes chopped off by a lawn mower and while he was in the hospital he got the chicken pox. Well, I think that's how the story went, anyway. Miraculously enough, the toes didn't grow back, but there was definite cartilage that did emerge from the accident so he had these kind of webbed things attached to his foot. Sharon, for some reason or another, didn't realize he HAD the toes at one point in time and then lost them in the accident. I'm not sure exactly WHY we found it funny, but we did. Then Dionne had to go and make that little gesture with her pinky and I about fell out of my chair laughing so hard! You just had to be there to appreciate it.

Yes, I am still working on the lace sweater. There's a picture of my hands making the sweater and a picture of the back of the sweater, done. I haven't really gotten much work done on the sleeves. I've had to put it on hold and I'm still not sure when my friend is coming to visit. In this picture on the right, I'm working on the sleeves. I'm making both at the same time so if I make a mistake on one, I can do the same to both. It's a neat concept, I think. It may seem like it takes that long, but once you're done, they're both done!

There was much discussion to be had on our end about socks. Not sure why, but I'm guessing that's how we segwayed into the whole toe chopping incident. Something about doing a sock KAL where you make your own pattern as you go along, king of like the raglan KAL we were doing. I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't worked on mine much. I hope to get it done sometime in the near future. I will have to make an OSU throw sometime between now and November, too, so I have THAT to think about, too. AND we're doing a sock exchange on my OTHER knitting group that I belong to.
I got some LOVELY dishrags in the mail from that exchange. I'm such a slacker and have one more to finish before I can send mine along. Just haven't had time to knit on the weekends like I have been. Hands have been occupied...er, they're being held all weekend, that is. *giggle* Really, they are. We just sit there and hold hands while we watch movies all weekend. It's nice. Doesn't leave much time for knitting though. I told him this weekend that I didn't want to waste the last night I have with him knitting. He was so cute to want to learn!! Anyway, I digress. Some of the funnier quotes of the night, besides the whole toe chopping off incident:
"I dare my socks to need darning!" "Toe jail=toe sock." You know, those socks with the places for the toes like gloves?? Toe socks? I LOVE the few pairs I have.
"I hate the pearl in conjunction with the knit." Nina...gotta love her and the whole pearling dilemma. We were talking about needing our space when we knit and not wanting our SO's to be so close to us when we're knitting because it stresses us. "I'd rather make my yarn tickle his feet." It's so funny that I wrote this quote down. My friend was helping me this weekend by pulling the yarn out of the ball for me. He was intentionally putting the yarn so when I pulled it it tickled his leg. He was just giggling away. It was JUST the cutest thing EVAH!
So, I missed last weeks meeting. I will blog about why in a few minutes.

No comments: